2.30pm – 6.30pm, Wednesday 18th April 2018
Urban Arts Studio, 11-12 Whiteside Buildings, Back Street West, St Annes, Lancashire. FY8 1RD
FREE advice and guidance sessions about making an application to the Arts Council England Grants for the Arts (GFTA) applicants. The event is targeted at those individuals and organisations across the Fylde Borough that may want to make an under £15,000 GFTA application.
This is an ideal opportunity for you, or someone you know to have an informal conversation with an Arts Council England Relationship Manager about an arts project you want to develop and deliver.
Places at this sessions are extremely limited and will be booked on a first come first served basis.
If this opportunity is of interest to you please read the following guidance BEFORE booking:
To get the most out of the 30 minute sessions with an Arts Council England Relationship Manager it is helpful if you are very familiar with the Grants for the arts guidance on the Arts Council England website. You will find information on how to apply for a Grant and helpful information sheets.
Are you ready for a conversation about making a GFTA application?
Here are some pointers on what to consider when deciding whether you are ready for a conversation about a GFTA application:
- What do you want to do and why do you want to do it?
- Who is the audience for your arts project, or who will be the participants in your arts project?
- What art form or art forms will you use?
- Do you have an idea about which artists you would want to work with?
- How do you know the work they produce is good quality and appropraite to your proposal?
- What criteria are you using when selected artists?
- Do you have any project partnerships already in place?
- Where will your activity take place?
- How much will it cost to do the project?
- What will you need to spend money on?
- How much match funding and in kind funding might you have?
- Who might also fund your project, or how might you raise some of the money yourself?
If you are successful in booking a session we will respond by email allocating you a 30 minute Pre GFTA advice conversation. In this email we will also request that you prepare written notes (no more than 2 sides of A4) in advance of your Pre GFTA advice conversation with a Relationship Manager notes on what you might like to use a grant towards. We will ask you to send us this information at least a week before your session so that the Relationship Manager is fully prepared for your one to one session. It will also help you to remain focused when talking about your project, but will give you the opportunity to ask specific questions about the guidance if you feel anything is unclear.
Please let us know in good time if you have any access needs so we have sufficient time to make any special arrangements for you.
If for whatever reason you are unable to attend on the day please let us know as soon as possible to enable another person to take your place.
If you are unsuccessful in booking a session this time, don’t worry. If we receive enough interest we will schedule another Advice Session at a later date.
BOOKING OPENING SOON